EAST GRINSTEAD AND ITS MANORS. 121
years later, and he sold it to Mr. Gibbs Crawfurd, who exercised Lordship over it from 1786 to 1790.
The Bower was a reputed Manor in East Grinstead and Hartfield, and Goddenwick another in East Grinstead, owned in 1788 by Mr. Gibbs Crawfurd. There is still a Bower Farm at Hammerwood. Goddenwick Manor possibly extended to Lindfield and was connected with Mr. Gibbs Crawfurd's estate there.
Pixton's was also a reputed Manor, and in 1507 we find John Payne, senior, of Forest Row, leaving to his widow for life the Manor called Pyckestonns.