LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANIES. 271
Stenning (chairman), W. H. Hills (managing director and secretary), H. Daniels, H. B. Harwood, A. Heasman, H. S. Martin and J. A. Payne. The Club was opened on March 30th, 1893, the building occupying the site of several small shops and cottages formerly known as " The Round Houses."
RICE BROTHERS, LIMITED.
This highly-reputable and widely-spread business is one of the oldest of the local trading companies, and has had a successful career since its formation. Its certificate of incorporation is dated August 11th, 1893. The Company was formed to take over the business of saddlery manufacturers and implement agents carried on by Mr. Thomas Rice and Mr. Joseph Rice, which had been established many years before in the premises now owned by Mr. George Brinkhurst and adjoining the Swan Hotel. It was for a long period owned by members of the Hay ward family, and then passed through the hands of the Charlwood and Brinkhurst families before coming to the Rices. The capital of the Com≠pany is £4,200, divided into 100 four per cent, preference shares of £10 each and 320 ordinary shares of £10 each. The whole of this has been issued. Since its incorpora≠tion the Company has opened up branches at Edenbridge, Tunbridge Wells, Haywards Heath, Lindfield and Horsham. The Directors are Messrs. P. E. Wallis (chairman), T. Voice, Thomas, Joseph, Alfred and James Rice, the last-named having taken the place of Mr. Henry Smith, who was an original Director.
THE SOUTHDOWN and EAST GRINSTEAD BREWERIES, LIMITED.
This Company was registered on June 11th, 1895, with the object of acquiring the businesses of brewers and maltsters and wine and spirit merchants of Messrs. Dashwood & Co., East Grinstead, and Messrs. A. G. S. and T. S. Manning, of the Southdown Brewery, Lewes, as from July 1st, 1895.