274 HISTORY OF EAST GRINSTEAD.
H. S. MARTIN, LIMITED.
This Company was registered on June 23rd, 190-4, with a capital of £10,000 in 10,000 shares of £1 each. It was established to continue the business so long conducted by Mr. H. S. Martin, and subsequently by Mr. W. Carter, of chemist and mineral water manufacturer. Only £2,880 of the share capital has been issued. There is also a debenture issue of £3,000 out of an authorised series of £3,500. The Directors are Messrs. J. C. Umney, W. Carter, H. S. Martin and W. H. Hills.
JOHN STENNING & SON, LIMITED.
This Company has a capital of £36,000, divided into 3,600 shares of £10 each, of which 2,276 shares, repre≠senting a capital of £22,760, have been issued. It was incorporated on July 11th, 1900, for the purpose of acquiring, carrying on and working as a going concern the business of John Stenning & Son, timber merchants and sawmill proprietors, of London, East Grrinstead and Robertsbridge, and which was originally established in 1792. The Directors of the Company are Messrs. A. H. Stenning (chairman), W. J. Stenning and H. B. Harwood.